Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Compliments





My husband and I recently attended his 40th High School reunion and I received the best compliment there from a couple that really made me feel great about my hair cut and color. The fact that I am now mostly silver and extremely short has taken me some getting used to. I still do a double take when I catch myself in a mirror or window reflection. When I went to the salon to have it lopped off I took this photo of Jamie Lee Curtis,


the intention being to get that style cut and because she looks so great in her silvery hair I was inspired. So, I am at the reunion meeting people and chatting it up and this husband says to me, "my wife figured out who you remind us of" and of course I said "oh, who is it?" and
he said, "Jamie Lee Curtis". Needless to say, that made my night. I told them it was her photo I took with me when I had my hair cut and thanked them profusely for commenting. Of course I took that as a compliment and later paid it forward when I met another classmate of my husband's who had gorgeous, long, softly curled, Emmy Lou Harris hair. It was beautiful and I told her how I was inspired by her natural hair. Compliments all around.

4 comments:

  1. You look great! Love your hair, love the outfit and love the jewelry. Now you can decide if you want to stay short or grow it. Having gone through the same process, I will say it's way more fun to grow your hair after the dyed stuff is all gone. I do like yours short, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Donna! Except I haven't tried to grow mine out . . yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Donna & Kathy. You really look great.
    Barbra/Barbara - GGLG 2009 First Semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for transitioning so quickly! I last colored my hair in February, but the roots aren't long enough for me to cut off all the dyed hair yet. It'll be neat to see how your hair looks as it grows longer...

    ReplyDelete

Positive Feedback: